In 2017, Benson & Bingham decided to once again give back to the community with the inception of its first annual Law Scholarship. Benson & Bingham understand the rigors of law school accompanied with the expense to become an attorney, and felt obliged to help alleviate the financial strain with their annual scholarship offer.
One grand prize winner will receive a one-time payment of $2,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in law subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- currently enrolled in or recently accepted to an accredited law school.
- A United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. A copy of your college transcript (unofficial) must accompany the application.
- Proof of Law School acceptance or attendance must accompany the application.
Only the United States citizen or permanent resident are welcome to apply.
Entrants for our scholarship must submit a minimum of a 600-word typed essay on one of the below topics to be judged by partners Joe Benson and Ben Bingham at the conclusion of the deadline:
- The future of driver-less cars and how this will affect the field of personal injury.
- Investigate and report on the past five years of historical motor vehicle accident data in any state, and analyze what state level laws or programs have been instituted during this time to decrease the rate of such accidents.
- Comment and reflect on what personal injury marketing strategies in your local state have been most effective on you, and explain why.
- How technology will affect the practice of law.
- The ramifications of social media platforms on the pursuit of justice for Plaintiffs.